The Brown's Busyness

The Brown's Busyness

Thursday, October 10, 2013

38...How can I be thirty-eight..


38 years ago I entered this world...How can I be that old...Age doesn't really bother me.  I don't think it every will.  It is just a number and we don't all of a sudden age a year over night.  I was thinking about what has occurred in 38 years.  A LOT!  A few that might be worth noting (in no particular order)  ...

I have two amazing 9 year olds.
I have been married to an amazing man for 14 years.
I  served in the Air Force.
I have traveled out of the United States to the United Kingdom, Europe (Italy, Germany, France), Australia, and Mexico.
I have moved more than the number of fingers I have on both hands.
I  love of cooking and baking.
I have a Bachelor's degree and hope to get a Master's.
I homeschool.
I trust and believe in the One TRUE GOD!

I don't quit or give up. I'm a bit stubborn....couldn't leave these out :-)


On my actual birthday ... 

I had this grand idea (well really Gary handed me the brochure and the kiddos had been begging to go fishing) to go deep sea fishing.  Well you will see pics from the first portion and then, even after taking dramamine early that morning, sea sickness kicked in.  I was fine on the ride out, but once the boat stopped my world turned upside down.  I am a mountain girl.. I don't have sea legs.  My kids don't have sea legs (yet...they will probably get them..I don't know that I ever will).  This day made me feel like I was pushing 100 years old:))


Some pictures from our day... 









Favorite picture...look at La in his sunglasses...complete accident!


The rock barrier is where the river turns to ocean....oh no!!

I am not a deep sea fisherwoman. 




getting a little bored with the hour journey to our spot...

and I think the waves were starting to take their toll

First line cast...

Mom I need to sit down, I don't feel well.

That was it for pictures until the boat starting moving again and I could regain composure.  For the record:  Gary caught several baby sharks, snapper, and a few other things, but they were all too small to keep.  When Boo started feeling better, he casted his line and caught a red snapper, which was a keeper and we forgot to take with us off the boat.  There is no picture of this catch :(


passed out on the way back to the dock....

passed out...yes with her shirt in her mouth.  Her go to move when she doesn't feel well is to bite on her shirt....has been for a long, long time. 

Doesn't this picture say "DONE"

"DONE" ...those eyes say it all...doesn't feel well and done, done, done..

So my birthday was a day to remember.  I'm glad we tried it, but it will be a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time before anyone can convince me to try it again.  I do realize it will take me several times of getting sea sick to get my sea legs, but this one was rough and I choose not to repeat it.

So here's to 38....


No comments:

Post a Comment