Oh was this tough...leaving friends that had become family...leaving a quiet neighborhood ... leaving a church family ... leaving great weather with four seasons... just leaving...
I know that God has plans for our family .... big plans ... He has shown his mercy and guidance throughout the moving process. We were set to close on August 9th, but issues arose and it was pushed back to August 30. At first, we were angry...why, what now, are you kidding me ... As the rush of getting our condo in Florida pushed back by a few weeks and movers pushed back by a few weeks, the reality that it really wasn't a big deal set in. The extra time was absolutely necessary. Necessary for us to relax and enjoy the last few weeks. Most of our house was already packed, so we could spend days with people we love and cherish. We could start schooling so we could enjoy our trip across the country. We could sleep in our house for a few extra days. We could wake and watch deer in the canyon a couple more times. So many things we did and could do... God knew this little extra time was necessary to prepare me for the journey He was taking us on. It was what I needed. Did it make it any less tearful? Nope, but I had this sense of peace about the transition...I knew unequivocally that God's plans were good...always good. And the final confirmation came a few days before we left Colorado. Gary was awarded his Boeing 777 bid, which means with this move he will be home a WHOLE LOT :-)))))! Eyes looking up...I get it...You are paving the path. You are molding me even as I type.
I asked dear sweet Celine to take some last minute pictures of us outside our house...chaos and all so we would have a final memory. So glad I did. These pictures show me tired (and proof I need to change my eating habits ;)), things wrapped in the back ground, kids that love each other, and a family leaving the place they love. Celine...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You are like family and we miss you....we miss the kids ..
Here are some pictures from the 29th of August...a very long day!!
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Trying hard to get Sash in the picture... |
 |
| The Reimer Crew and Brown Kids....melts my heart! |
 |
| How can you not melt with these sweet girls...they are two peas in a pod just years 8 plus years apart. Sweattarts, sour patch kids, full of life and spunk.... |
 |
| Favorite pictures....accurately depicts our family..... |
those FIVE kiddos together!!! melt me beyond anything. love you guys! so blessed to have snapped a few of your last day in your colorado home. AND YES!! our girls are twins born 8 years apart!!! ...and you are MUCH too hard on yourself!
ReplyDelete