The Brown's Busyness

The Brown's Busyness

Monday, September 30, 2013

Florida....Home Sweet/Sweat Home

Florida is going to be a huge adjustment for us.

The first week here was brutal.  We, really I, had to get used to many things...Let me name a few:

snakes.....
lizards...everywhere lizards...baby ones that like to crawl on you as you enter stores...ewwwww
crabs....
fleas....that have taken a liking to me... I have had bites from either fleas or mosquitos since we
      arrived...not Boo or La ... just me.
snails.....
dragonflies ... not that this is a bad thing... just another bug.
mosquitos ....
heat .... humidity .. heat ... humidity ...
looking like a clown because your hair that has always been straight now wants to curl or just frizz
     and do nothing that resembles normal.  Makeup that melts off.
rude people ..
impatient people ...
calibers on car lock up...no friends .. no help, but our real estate agent came to my rescue.
brain eating bacteria in fresh water sources
mosquito born diseases

(all these critters excite Boo La, and their excitement is contagious.  I love to watch them hunt, observe, lurk quietly just to see where something is going, but uggghhhhhh!!)

After the first week, I was truly wondering what I had gotten myself into.  We are staying in a seasonal condo that has few residents at this point.  The snow birds will influx in a few weeks, but that doesn't do me any good.  We could not find a house we both could agree upon.  Our poor real estate agent was probably at her wits end with us.  I was at my wits end.  Grumpy.  And then....

We see this ....

If I can't see mountains, this will do.  Amazing cloud formations with the sun...


Moon with the first night's star

Sunsets with great photo opportunities, even if I am getting eaten by bugs as I take them.



AND .. we find our house.  We will be giving up the great big yard we had in Colorado, but we will gain a swimming pool, a lemon and lime tree, mango tree, avocado tree, and a banana tree.  So life is looking good... we close on October 31st and it cannot come fast enough.  In the interim, we have met some nice people.  People who have offer to take us out on their boats just because we share the same last name.  People that offered recommendations.  People that seem to enjoy life and gives me hope that I won't turn into one of these intolerable humans.  Regardless, though, as long as I have Colorado plates, I am sure they will continue to honk at me before my foot can get from the brake to the gas.  Such is life.

Hobe Sound, FL will be our new home.  And although I joke that we are homeless (without a home), I constantly remind myself and my kids, that home is where our family is.  A house (meaning a structure) does not make home, we do.  So I will try to that in mind and keep my sanity until October 31...


No comments:

Post a Comment